Sunday, March 29, 2009

The End ...

... of a rainy, gloomy weekend is here all too soon. The sun has finally come out just in time to sink below the horizon, and I don't have a camera handy to take a photo of the colorful sky beyond the lingering dark rain clouds.

Instead, I offer some spectacular pictures here: Extreme Ice Survey. (Thanks to Al Gore's Twitter page!) The photo gallery has some phenomenal shots of glaciers and calves. There's also something very compelling in James Balog's statement that landscapes are changing and disappearing, and the photos he's taking will be the only record that they existed. There's also a one-hour NOVA special Extreme Ice. Our world is rapidly changing, not often for the better, and I can't help wondering what life -- and this planet -- will be like for my grandchildren.

Weighty ponderings for a Sunday night. On that note, I'll leave you with a little trip back to the late 70s.

No comments:

Post a Comment